Saturday, May 15, 2010

Feel Good Donation

Last weekend I participated in the 5th Annual TAAF Anuerysm & AVM Awarness Walk in San Francisco. This was the second year that I was lucky enough to be involved and wanted to do something more than just walk and raise funds. I wanted to "Share the Love!"



Because the cause is so closely tied to hospital stays, donating a Feel Good Gown was an obvious way to help make a small difference. So I arrived on Saturday morning with a cheerful green envelope containing a gift certificate for one Feel Good Gown.

It was a great day, a beautiful walk, and an all around awesome thing to be part of. As the raffle was underway, I absolutely felt proud and excited when that green envelope was produced and our donation was announced. I didn't recognize the name of the winner (I don't know everyone of course!) but did notice the increased activity of a group that I know rather well. The Feel Good Gown gift certificate winner was one of the "Baby Nathan" gang.

Who is Baby Nathan you might ask? Well let me just tell you that he was a strong fighter who lost his courageous battle with an AVM just short of his first birthday. Although his life was short, he has been such an inspiration to so many. With wonderful parents, TJ & Jaimee, and an amazing support network of family and friends who adored him, Baby Nathan was a little boy who helped to spread a ton of love and to encourage others to fight the challenges they face.



After the walk I received a message from Jaimee to let me know that she planned on contacting Nathan's neurosurgeon to find a girl whom she could pass the gift certificate to. What a great thing to do! Although this beautiful mother lost her child, she still chooses to support the cause, to participate in the fight, and to spread the love in Nathan's honor.

So my Feel Good donation has in turn become an even MORE Feel Good story, with it being passed along to a complete stranger as a way to help brighten their hospital stay. How totally awesome is that?!?! I couldn't be more proud of our little business, of Jaimee, the spirit of giving, the hope for health, and for the kindness we all have within us.

And THIS is exactly why Feel Good Gowns exists.

Shalon

2 comments:

  1. Mimi and I were just talking about you yesterday and wondering if you had done your walk yet. Today I read your blog and you amazed me yet again! Congratulations on "Sharing the Love" and the growth of your new business venture.
    Mary from Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I actually just popped back over here to grab Mimi's picture (I've lost the original!) as I'm working on the site and updating the "One of a kind" page. So we were thinking about each other at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete