Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And we are OPEN for business!

The idea for FEEL GOOD GOWNS was not originally intended to become a business. I just wanted to avoid the unsightly, ugly, gray, grody, (you get the picture) gowns for my monthly trips to Swedish Medical Center in Colorado. It was purely selfish!

But with the debut of my first gown I knew that this was something that was needed, something good, and something that I was going to make happen!

I continued to revise the pattern of the gown, figured out the best material for the ties, played with beautiful fabric, designed a matching belongings bag and of course the caps! All the while creating some great gowns for myself and some super cute gifts for friends that I met on my medical journey. If I wasn't already convinced to do this, the amount of joy that I saw my gifts bring to people certainly sealed the deal. Such a simple thing...a little cotton and some sewing...but it made so many people smile and brought such love and happiness to an otherwise unfotunate day at the hospital.

And so one day while camping in Hope Valley with my husband and our pup, FEEL GOOD GOWNS was born!

It was a wonderful day, the sun was shining and we were enjoying a peaceful day in a green meadow surrounded by mother nature and enjoying the beauty of the Sierra Nevada's. THIS is where a person wants to be, not in a cold and sterile white hospital room. And while I knew I couldn't transport people to this magical spot, I did know that custom hospital attire with wonderful fabrics and patters could make them FEEL like they were somewhere else. It could help them to FEEL GOOD on a day that is otherwise scary, cold, and dreaded. It could do GOOD. And afterall, the human spirit wants to be happy, wants to be healthy, and wants to be helpful. And on that day in that beautiful meadow MY spirit wanted to find a way to make that happen.

It's been months in the making, but FEEL GOOD GOWNS is finally open for business. And I couldn't be more excited!

I hope that you will see the simple goodness in having your own custom hospital attire. Whether for yourself or for a loved one, our products will help to make you FEEL GOOD during your hospial stay. So get all decked out in our Fabulous and Fashionable products!

Shalon Whitgob

1 comment:

  1. Shalon, I'll never tire of saying how proud we are of you. I wish I had one (or three) of your gowns available to me when I was going through all my reconstructive surgeries years ago.

    ReplyDelete