Saturday, March 20, 2010

LaVonne Edition Specials!

That's right people my mommy is here this weekend! And she is all ready to get her SEW on! We have a couple orders to fill today and these customers are super lucky to get "LaVonne Edition" items.
My mom taught my sister and I to sew when we were kids. And we both hated it. I didn't have the patience to pin the material much less spend the time to cut it and sew it. I guess it is a reflection of me being part of the "now" generation and needing instant gratification.
So imagine my mom's surprise when I launched this little business years later! "I'm shocked! Absolutely Shocked..." she says when she thinks about having to force us to sew as kids and my willingness to do it now.
I guess we can all thank my mom for torturing me as a child and at least giving me the background and skill set to make FEEL GOOD GOWNS a reality now!

Shalon

2 comments:

  1. Let that be a lesson to us all...moms really DO know best. Good job, LaVonne! You not only raised a beautiful seamstress, but a beautiful person who has inspired so many. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story :) Mom's are the best, and certainly pave the way for great things!

    ReplyDelete