Thursday, March 18, 2010

First News Article!

Imagine my surprise this morning when I saw an email from my friend Kim about a google alert she had just received for FEEL GOOD GOWNS! What?!?!? I was super excited and totally needed to check it out. Problem was I was already in my car on the way to work. I'll admit it...I broke the rules and was on my cell phone when I shouldn't have been. And the universe was conspiring against me at that point with the pitch black sky combined with a bright red line to indicate a virtually dead cell phone battery. So like a good little girl I put the phone down and patiently waited until I actually arrived at work to look it up. And totally drove the speed limit the entire way. :)

As the website was loading all I could see was the title "AVM Survivor Creates Feel Good Gowns." Yes! That is true! That is me! I did that! My mind was racing trying to figure out how this possibly could have happened so quickly. It was really only two days ago that I officially launched the site (and by launch I mean I announced it on FB. That counts right?) How did I already make it into the news? I mean I know I'm cool, but even the coolest people don't have things happen this fast. ;) Or maybe they do?

And then I saw it. "by Louisa Singh" was written under the title of this article. My heart just melted and I wanted to cry with happiness. How have I become so lucky in life to be surrounded by such wonderful people? I don't know the answer to that but I believe it whole heartedly.

Louisa is a fellow AVMer whom I met just shortly after becoming involved with AVM Survivors Network, an online support community for people affected by AVM. She has the same condition as I do and we were able to connect right away. Young and absolutely beautiful, a wife and brand new mother...Louisa has such a happiness about life and a positive outlook about her AVM. She is exactly what FEEL GOOD GOWNS is all about! Bringing love and happiness to those that need it. Being cheerful despite the lemons that life throws your way. Loving those around you and helping them when you can. And did I mention she is gorgeous?

And so here is the proof of the kind of FEEL GOOD friend that Louisa is. Only a day after being official, she has given us such an awesome gift with this news article!

Check it out! and be one of the cool kids to read FEEL GOOD GOWNS very first news article!

Louisa- you're the best! Thank you from the bottom, top, sides, and every other place in my heart.

Shalon

No comments:

Post a Comment